Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dissasociation

This is my piece of fluff for the day.

Have you ever tried to not focus on something. You know - don't think about those pink elephant?


So next time you really need to get your mind somewhere else (and you have a friend to play with of course) try this.

You say a word ("elephant")

then they have to say a different word that is not related at all to your word ("roses")


How you make sure they are related is totally up to you. Maybe you knew an elephant named roses - so maybe that doesn't work. BUT maybe your mind went Elephant - africa - hot - texas - yellow rose of texas - Roses!


So I don't know where this blog is going but I think this game really streaches you imagination. Can you make a chain link so far? What does that means about your brain? I personally think if you practice it means you don't dwell on a topic too long. Now you have to ask yourself if THAT is a good thing.

Ya, okay I think I am made my point - now you need to go see how hard it is to actually play.

No comments:

Post a Comment