Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old places and pens


Last night we went out an pulled fencing from the house where we use to live. I did not grow up here, nor do I have any family here, but it is still interesting to look at where the goats use to live. Such a small area compared with the pasture they have now.
I know that the house has nothing to do with me, but it was really the first place I felt safe after high school, maybe even jr high. Like no one was going to get me there, I could hide there. I know it was more the people than anything else, but even when I was alone there was something comforting there. I am not sad that I left, but there is some emotion there, even if I can't seem to figure out what it is. Maybe a little bit like pity for the house, I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment